Day of Service
The Kentucky Colonels invite you to participate in the Kentucky Colonels Day of Service on Saturday, October 5, 2019.
Through your contributions, the Kentucky Colonels granted $2 million in 2018 to organizations across the Commonwealth through the Good Works Program. However, as an organization of individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact, we know that giving back means more than just giving monetarily; it also means volunteering. With this in mind, we would like to invite you to the 3rd Annual Kentucky Colonels Day of Service. We have contacted six of our grant recipients in Louisville, Lexington, Covington, Paducah, and Leitchfield, and we welcome you to volunteer at one of the sites with your fellow Kentucky Colonels.
Service projects include:
- Friends of Eastern Cemetery (Louisville) – Colonels will reset flat headstones, clean headstones, and assist with grounds keeping such as mowing and weed eating.
- Schuhmann Social Service Center (Louisville) – Colonels will sort and organize donated clothing, assemble food bags, help with light clerical work, housekeeping, and garden maintenance.
- International Book Project, Inc. (Lexington) – Colonels will sort and organize donated books, as well as curate and pack specific books requested for shipment to various partners.
- Emergency Shelter of Northern Kentucky (Covington) – Colonels will sort and organize donated clothing, as well as clean, paint, and prepare the shelter for the winter.
- Merryman House (Paducah) – Colonels will paint, landscape, clean, and assist with administrative tasks such as copying and creating intake packets. *Please note, this location is in the Central Time Zone.
- Grayson County Alliance (Leitchfield) – Colonels will sort, organize, and pack food for distribution. Additional volunteer activities will vary depending on the needs of the season/week.*Please note, this location is in the Central Time Zone
After registration, you will receive an email with a liability waiver, which must be completed and returned, as well as other important information about the Kentucky Colonels Day of Service.
We hope that you will be able to join your fellow Colonels for this day of service! Please contact Heather Campbell, Director of Colonel Relations, at email@example.com or at 502-266-6848 for questions. Thank you!
Click the below link to register