Day of Service
Kentucky Colonels Day of Service
Saturday, October 2, 2021
9:00am - 12:00pm
The Kentucky Colonels invite you to participate in the Kentucky Colonels Day of Service on Saturday, October 2, 2021
Through your contributions, the Kentucky Colonels Good Works Program granted $2.9 million in 2020 to organizations across the Commonwealth that are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, as an organization of individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact, we know that giving back means more than just giving monetarily; it also means volunteering. With this in mind, we would like to invite you to the 5th Annual Kentucky Colonels Day of Service. Once again, we will work with different grant recipients throughout the state and work with Colonels outside of the state to offer local volunteer opportunities. We welcome you to volunteer with your fellow Kentucky Colonels.
2020 service projects included:
- YouthBuild (Louisville) – Colonels laid sod, painted, and assisted with putting up walls on a new barn. There were also organizing activities for those who need to be indoors.
- Kentucky Equine Humane Center (Nicholasville) – Colonels painted horse arena walls and fencing, pressure washed, landscaped, and cleaned tact (washed horse equipment).
- Northern Kentucky Children Advocacy Center (Florence) – Colonels helped with landscaping, removal of old structures, and clean-up for the outside area.
- Kentucky River Child Advocacy Center (Hazard) – Colonels stained and weatherproofed decks and assisted with landscaping.
- Bright Life Farms (Princeton) – Colonels painted, weed ate, and washed and cleaned vans that transport residents.
Contributing Colonels will receive an invitation to register later this summer. We hope that you will be able to join your fellow Colonels for this day of service! Please contact Heather Campbell, Director of Colonel Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 502-266-6848 if you have any questions. Thank you!