Day of Service
Kentucky Colonels Day of Service
Saturday, October 3, 2020
9:00am - 12:00pm
The Kentucky Colonels invite you to participate in the Kentucky Colonels Day of Service on Saturday, October 3, 2020
Through your contributions, the Kentucky Colonels Good Works Program granted $2.8 million in 2020 to organizations across the Commonwealth that are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, as an organization of individuals who are dedicated to making a positive impact, we know that giving back means more than just giving monetarily; it also means volunteering. With this in mind, we would like to invite you to the 4th Annual Kentucky Colonels Day of Service. We have contacted five of our grant recipients in Louisville, Nicholasville, Florence, Hazard, and Kuttawa. We welcome you to volunteer at one of the sites with your fellow Kentucky Colonels.
All sites will be outside and family friendly. Participants must maintain social distance and wear a mask. There will be limited indoor activities available for those with health conditions, and masks must be worn inside.
Service projects include:
- YouthBuild (Louisville) – Colonels will lay sod, paint, and assist with putting up walls on a new barn. There are also organizing activities for those who need to be indoors.
- Kentucky Equine Humane Center (Nicholasville) – Colonels will paint horse arena walls and fencing, pressure wash, landscape, and clean tact (wash horse equipment).
- Northern Kentucky Children Advocacy Center (Florence) – Colonels will help with landscaping, removal of old structures, and clean-up the outside area.
- Kentucky River Child Advocacy Center (Hazard) – Colonels will stain and weatherproof decks and assist with landscaping.
- Bright Life Farms (Princeton) – Colonels will paint, weed eat, and wash and clean vans that transport residents.*Please note, this location is in the Central Time Zone.
After registration, you will receive an email with a liability waiver, which must be completed and returned, as well as other important information about the Kentucky Colonels Day of Service.
We hope that you will be able to join your fellow Colonels for this day of service! Please contact Heather Campbell, Director of Colonel Relations, at email@example.com or at 502-266-6848 for questions. Thank you!